- Community Integration
- Consumer Choice
- Direct Supports
- Managed Care
- Person-centered Planning
- Personal Finances
- Quality of Life
- Safety and Risk
- Service Integration
The Self-Directed Personal Care (SPDC) option of the Alabama Home- and Community-Based Waiver allows participants and their families to recruit, hire, train, supervise, and if necessary, discharge their own self-directed personal care workers. This informational pamphlet helps answer questions regarding the program, like:
- What is Self-Directed Personal Care?
- Who is appropriate for SPDC services?
- Who can/can’t provide SPDC services?
- Details on financial management services agency
- How to receive SDPC services
Participants of waiver services need to apply for self-directed services by contacting the local Regional Community Service Office.